Forex Investing Strategy with 30-Year Track Record
A few years ago I was introduced to a forex trader, former hedge fund manager and forex instructor. While pedigree doesn’t matter when it comes to making money, this guy definitely has it, and has been making money in the trading industry for a long time as well. Here are some stats on forex trader Dr. Corvin Codirla:
- B.A and Masters in Mathematics, University of Cambridge, Triple First and Distinction.
- Ph.D. University of Cambridge, Theoretical Physics, Stephen Hawking’s Team.
- Quantitative Trading Systems, Brevan Howard, the biggest European Hedge Fund.
- Head of FX Options Strategy, Barclays Capital, briefing Central Banks and Pension funds on profitable trading strategies. Codirla’s strategies sold more than $1 billion worth of business.
- Futures and FX Trader at Peloton Partners, in charge of a $100 million portfolio.
- Deutsche Bank High-Frequency Desk, developing intraday strategies.
- CCFX, Codirla’s Hedge Fund with $50mm in assets at peak. 73% since inception, with a Sharpe Ratio of 2, and awarded Top 10 Award by BarclayHedge in 2015.
- 17 years in the trading industry, working for and with some of the best traders in the industry.
If you want to get into forex, who you are learning from matters, and this guy knows his stuff.
What I find so interesting about Corvin though, is that he takes a totally different approach to forex trading than I do…and to most people. Forex trading is viewed by many as the “Wild West,” full of short-term speculators, big hedge funds, banks and very few long-term investors. Yet forex is a great investment when you know how to do it. Trends in the forex market (currencies) often last multiple years, even decades, because currency price movements are based on economic factors that are typically slow to change, such as interest rates and supply and demand for global trade and services.
Dr. Codirla has created the FX Master Course. Learn strategies he used to bolster his hedge fund into one of the top performing in the world, receiving a BarclayHedge Top 10 Award for Net Return in Currency Trading. One of his strategies has a 30-year history of consistent investor returns. You can check out his forex investing strategies via the FX Master Course homepage.
Dr. Codirla breaks down what drives currency prices over the long run, and provides proven ways to capitalize on these long-term trends (as well as quite a few methods for shorter-term trading as well).
Unlike my own forex trading, which is more short-term in nature and requires trades each month to generate returns, Dr. Codirla’s investment method is much more hands off. A “make money while you sleep” approach, which is more typical of longer-term investing strategies.
One of Dr. Codirla’s forex investing strategies is used by some of the best fund managers in the world, and has a track record of consistent profits extending back 30 years. The chart to the right is unleveraged. Even adding a small amount of leverage of 2:1 or 3:1 would double or triple the return of the unleveraged results (leverage is a double-edged sword…use with caution).
Dr. Codirla breaks down what you need to know to trade his method into educational pillars:
Pillar 1: The Foundations
- Trading is a business. Here’s where you learn what drives profitability and the stats you use to measure it.
Pillar 2: Understanding FX Markets
- Learn how interest rates and Central Banks affect the currency market.
- Based on this you’ll learn how to create a forex index (like the S&P 500 index for stocks) that shows you when certain currencies are undervalued or overvalued. These long-term oscillations from undervalued to overvalued and back again provide trading opportunities.
Pillar 3. Tactical Strategies
- Start finding trading opportunities based on Pillar 1 and 2. Pillar 3 shows you how to execute trades, manage risk and how to exit trades based on clear-cut rules.
Additional Pillars aid you on your trading journey.
Pillar 4. Setting Up Your Tools
- How to track your trades.
- Choosing currencies for shorter-term trading (he has lots of these strategies as well).
Pillar 5. Basic Programming for Traders (optional)
- Many traders are interested in making their trading more automated, taking some of the emotion out of their trading, and letting their trading strategies and trading platform do more of the work. A basic introduction to forex trading programming is provided.
The FX Trading Master Course guides you through all these pillars, as well as a lot more, in a comprehensive forex trading course based a long history of solid returns. You get:
- 16 Hour FX MasterCourse Video Programme with Q&A session from Live Seminars
The FX Trading Master Course Video Programme will cover theory, Q&A, trading software and a rule-based method of trading the FX Markets.
- Complete Six-Step Training
The six-step system guides you quickly and easily to a deep and profitable understanding of the FX Markets. It is a framework that is Recession, Depression, GFC, Grexit, and Brexit proof.
- Coverage of how to trade fundamentals
An objective method to track fundamental news and determine how it will impact currencies. This is an objective method that removes the need to second guess headlines or subjectively interpret news events.
- Unique Custom Set of Tools for Excel and MT4
You receive a complete toolkit which allows you to monitor the markets and construct all the necessary benchmarks to trade your long-term term core positions and deploy short-term tactical trades.
- Tactical Trading Strategies that continue to work
Every long-term strategy can be improved with shorter-term trading strategies that boost returns. The course provides methods that can be statistically verified, and can be implemented in a straightforward way.
- Become part of the FX Master Course community
FX Master Course is here for the long term. You will have access to a trading community, have the opportunity to be partnered up with trading buddies, and have access to updated portfolios which correspond to the material that you learn in the course.
If you have considered diversifying your investment portfolio with exposure to currencies, this course guides you through what you need to know. I recommend checking it out, as initial feedback on the course has been great. You are sure to learn a lot, covers very different material than I cover in my Forex Strategy Guide, and yet obviously what this guy is doing is working.
If you want more information, check out the FX Trading Master Course homepage here.
Cory Mitchell, CMT
The article includes affiliate links, which means vantagepointtrading may receive compensation if someone purchases the trading course via links on this site. Similar to ads, affiliate links allow sites/authors to promote products they like, so they continue to produce loads of free content that so many people enjoy.