Want to write for us? If you’re an experienced trader, and would like to share your experience and strategies through the written word or videos, we’d love to hear from you. Below are some guidelines you should be aware of before submitting your resume and writing samples for review.
- Articles contributed to VantgePointTrading must be your own original work, and not appear anywhere else online (a segment from a book you published in paperback would be acceptable).
- VantagePointTrading is primarily focused on day trading and swing trading in the stock, ETF, forex, futures and options markets. You must have experience in one of these environments. We want to publish usable content from people with real-world experience.
- You have a reasonable grasp of the English language, and can write in a tight, concise and easy to understand manner. Articles are edited before publication though, so the odd grammar mistake is fine.
- Content submitted should not be the same as other content already on the site. Current content can be viewed here: http://vantagepointtrading.com/tutorials. Feel free to put a different spin on these articles though.
- You should have some knowledge of key words and SEO. Focus your article around one core phrase that is used several times throughout the article, and in the title. Your article may be altered or rejected if it doesn’t have a precisely defined theme, which is easy for search engines to find (we will help you with this for your first few articles).
- With each article you submit you can include your bio at the bottom; it may include one live link to a site of your choice. Please don’t include affiliate links, it degrades the authority of the article.
- Focus is on “evergreen” content, which will be as relevant 5 years from now as it is today. These articles get the most traffic and thus your bio link will see greater traffic from these types of articles.
- Current analysis and trade ideas are also accepted. The site is mainly used by North American audiences. Therefore, make sure your article is submitted in a timely fashion so it can be read by U.S and Canadian traders before the trade signal or analysis is outdated.
- Articles should be structured, with an introduction, two to five sub-headings (bolded), and a conclusion. Evergreen content should be 700 words to 1300 words. Analysis or trade idea pieces can be shorter, at 200+ words, and don’t need to be quite as structured.
- We prefer to have regular contributors, instead of a writer who contributes once or twice and then never again.
- VantatePointTrading will share your articles through our social media outlets, we ask that you share the articles you write for us well. This helps build your brand on the site and ultimately drive traffic to your own site listed in your bio.
- You can come up with your own article ideas, or, once accepted as a contributor, you can query the email address below for article ideas that you can contribute to VantagePointTrading.
- Submitted articles become the property of VantagePointTrading and may not be published elsewhere; your name, bio and link will remain attached to all articles submitted.
If you’re interested in contributing, send a resume (or qualifications) and writing sample links to cory [at] vantagepointtrading [dot] com. We look forward to working with you! If you’re not an experienced writer, but have trading experience, and you want to start writing, write an article and submit it to the address above. We’ll give you feedback, and if it’s quality information, we’ll publish it.